The SineBravo Biofeedback Device
SineBravo is an easy and inexpensive electromyography (EMG)-biofeedback device. The term biofeedback refers to a method to perceive biological processes with the help of a technical device. This instrument measures physical activity – even if they are not visible or not voluntary – and converts them to optical and/or sound signals. Nevertheless SineBravo is not a diagnostic tool, but a two-channel device that can be flexibly used for electromyography.
Since both doctors and therapists are increasingly recognizing the importance of the measurement of muscle activity and the recording of individual progress of patients, EMG is becoming more and more important. SineBravo is particularly suitable for treatment in the patients’ homes.
During treatment it’s not necessary to hold SineBravo, since it can stand upright on a flat surface. This allows the patient the training or the treatment while observing the success of the individual efforts. The muscle activity is indicated by a yellow-green bargraph on each side of the screen and by numerical values in the bottom-line of the display.
At the end of each session, the screen automatically displays the average values of muscle activity in this session. The therapy-memory in the device allows a quick overview of the treatment data at any time, but it’s also possible to see the detailed statistics of the last 365 therapy-days. SineBravo can be used with or without connection to a personal computer. The stored treatment data can be transmitted easily later to the PC using a special software available.
Features and Benefits
- Digital 2-channel device
- Very simple handling
- Threshold-setting can be done automatically or manually
- Automatic threshold adjustment during treatment is possible
- Acoustic indication of muscular activities as well as visual display by graphic bars and by increasing or decreasing numbers on the screen
- Stand to hold the device during exercises
- Global therapy-control at the end of each treatment
- Detailed evaluation of longer treatment periods by the therapist is possible – the “Real-Time- Clock” allows the temporal assignment of the treatment data
- PC-interface via USB-fibre optic adapter (optional) for detailed therapy control
- CE 0123
- 1 SineBravo incl. stand
- 2 cables to connect the electrodes or the probe
- 1 cable to connect the reference-electrode
- 1 carrying case
- 1 users manual
- 4 batteries size AA
- Optional: PC-software for detailed evaluation of longer treatment periods incl. graphic preparation
- EMG Range: 0,2 to 2000 µV RMS
- Sensitivity: 0,1 µV RMS
- Work/Rest-periods: 2 – 99 seconds
- Number of Trials: 1- 99
- Physical Dimensions (mm): 142 x 74 x 35
- Weight: 270 g including battery